Pay Your Property Taxes Yet? Penalty Goes Up July 1
If you haven’t paid the first installment of your Kane County property tax bill yet, you might want to get on that.
The first installment was due, of course, back on June 1, 2016. Notices were sent in the mail April 27.
Right now, the penalty for a late payment of that first installment is 1.5 percent. Kane County Treasurer David J. Rickert is reminding taxpayers that the penalty for a first-installment payment of property taxes will increase to 3 percent after July 1.
If you are a new or existing homeowner and need a copy of the bill to remit payment, you may print off a bill from the Internet by visiting the following the KaneCountyTreasurer.org website or by contacting the Treasurer’s Office at 630-232-3565.
Taxpayers can make payment by:
- Mailing the payment to the Treasurer’s Office.
- Dropping the payment off in the property tax drop box, which is available 24 hours a day. The drop box is located behind Building A at the Kane County Government Center, 719 South Batavia Ave., Geneva, IL.
- Pay over the Internet by credit card or e-check. Please note there is a convenience fee for this service.
- Tax FAQ: What Will Happen If I Don’t Pay My Property Taxes?
- How to Pay Your Property Tax Bill in Kane County, IL
- Which Townships Have the Highest, Lowest Tax Bills in Kane?
- Tax FAQs 2016: Did My School District Tax Levy Go Up or Down This Year?
- Tax FAQs 2016: Did My Community’s Tax Levy Go Up or Down This Year?