Kane County Recycles 2016-17 Green Guide Is Online and Ready to Download!
- This month, Kane County Connects will highlight the organizations that are working hard to conserve and protect our local environment—check out this “Countdown to Earth Day” feature every day from now until April 22 to learn more about the people and projects that are helping to improve sustainability throughout the Fox Valley!
The new Kane County Recycles Green Guide is now online for you to download!
The annual Kane County Recycles Green Guide is published each April, in celebration of Earth Day, April 22. The guide is full of information on everything you can recycle in Kane County and when and where.
It’s still always a good idea to refer to the Kane County Recycles website for the most updated information, especially after November of each year when the printed copy is becoming outdated.
The Green Guide is no longer distributed in the newspapers, so you can obtain a copy or copies in these ways:
(1) Download a Printable PDF here!
(2) Get on the E-mail List!
Sign up on the e-mail list to receive an electronic copy direct to your inbox each spring. Note: If you sign up now, you will not receive a copy until next year when the guide comes out. If you want the current guide, download it directly from the link below.
(3) Get on the Paper Copy Mailing List!
E-mail the Kane County Recycling Coordinator, at email@example.com to get on the mailing list to receive a copy (or a number of copies) each year in April, mailed directly to your home or business. Include your full name, full address, and how many copies you would like each year.
(4) Pick Up a Paper Copy!
You can pick up a hard copy of the 2016-17 Green Guide at …
- Public locations throughout the county. If you would like to be a pick up point for the guide, let us know. We can deliver quantities to you directly.
- Recycling events from 8 a.m. to noon, on the second Saturday of each month, from April through November, at 540 S Randall Road, St. Charles, IL 60174.
- Our Recycling Office located in the Kane County Government Center, Building A, 719 S. Batavia Ave., Geneva, IL 60134. First floor, south end of hall, Room # 109.
Look at all the Place To Pick Up a Copy!
About Kane County Recycles
The Kane County Recycles office manages recycling programs for electronics, books, hazardous materials, and other hard-to-recycle materials, and promotes best practices for household recycling, commercial business recycling, and composting. This office oversees recycling-related information and community outreach initiatives, oversees the annual licensing of Waste and Recycling Haulers, provides backyard compost bins, and implements the Kane County Solid Waste Plan. The office oversees the Recycling and Hauler Licensing Ordinance which requires commercial businesses and multi-family residences to recycle, and provides the provisions for hauler licensing and reporting.
About the Kane County Division of Environmental & Water Resources
The Kane County Division of Environmental & Water Resources develops, evaluates, and implements programs to protect the health, safety and welfare of our residents and the environment. These programs include the countywide Stormwater Management program, the Kane County Recycles recycling and waste recovery programs, the electric aggregation program, the Sustain Kane program, and other resource conservation and environmental projects.