KCAC Holiday Pet Safety Tip No. 1: Create a Quiet Place

KCAC Holiday Pet Safety Tip No. 1: Create a Quiet Place

Holiday Pet Safety Tips WIde Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 8.51.22 AM

Christmas and New Year’s and all the days in between can be a stressful time for our furry friends, especially if most of the festivities are at your home.

So Kane County Animal Control is offering this countdown of eight safety tips to make your pet’s holiday season merry and bright.

We’ll add one tip every day — kind of like an advent calendar for pet safety. If you’d like to see all the tips at the same time, visit the Kane County Animal Control website: www.kanecountypets.com.

Also, during the holiday season, Kane County Animal Control is asking residents to consider giving a gift to a needy animal this holiday season. For more on the “Season of Giving” campaign, check out this article on Kane County Connects, visit the KCAC website or Facebook page, or the KCAC holiday wish list on Amazon.com.

So, without further ado, here’s the KCAC’s first holiday pet-safety tip of the season:

Tip #1: Give Your Pet a Quiet Place for the Holidays

Give your pet his own quiet space to retreat to — complete with fresh water and a place to snuggle. Shy pups and cats might want to hide out under a piece of furniture, in their carrying case or in a separate room away from the celebrations. A soft playing radio will also help to minimize the noise coming from your guests.

SOURCE: Kane County Animal Control

Kane County Animal Control Logo KCAC Screen Shot 2015-11-30 at 11.39.45 AM

About Kane County Animal Control

Kane County Animal Control oversees rabies registration, protects public safety and ensures the humane care of animals through sheltering, pet placement, education and animal law enforcement. KCAC is responsible for the enforcement of the County Animal Control Ordinance. Together with local law enforcement and city animal controls, KCAC ensures the humane treatment of animals in Kane County. Depending on where you live in Kane County, you may be served by your local animal control facility, your police department, a state-level agency, or KCAC. For more information, visit the KCAC website and Facebook page.