Illinois Comptroller Headlines South Elgin SEED Breakfast
“Opportunity begins here.”
Those are the watchwords of the South Elgin Economic Development Council, and the same is true for the council’s annual SEED breakfast, which will take place from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 22, at Amici’s Clubhouse, 456 Redington Dr, South Elgin, Illinois 60177.
Illinois Comptroller Leslie Munger will be the featured guest speaker with a special introduction by 33rd District Illinois Sen. Karen McConnaughay.
The SEED Council will also be unveiling a special video presentation. Breakfast is complementary.
Space is limited, please RSVP as soon as possible.
SEED’s mission is to provide proactive leadership in establishing and maintaining an economic development plan. SEED seeks to recognize needs and pursue solutions related to the long-term success of the business community and the village.
Goals and Objectives
- Provide proactive recruitment support for new retail and commercial businesses
- Identify, communicate and support future economic development needs to local government
- Support retention and expansion of existing South Elgin businesses
- Facilitate Village Center commercial district marketing and development
- Support, when practical, quality of life issues for South Elgin residents
- Maintain the highest level of confidence and trust on all inquiries
- Treat the needs and opinions of those the organization serves with respect
SOURCE: SEED press release, website and Facebook page