A Weekend Harvest! Dog Jog, Autism Walk, Acorn Moon, River Run …
Acorn Harvest Moon Photos
Kane County Animal Control Dog Jog Video
The weekend of Oct. 2 through Oct. 4 (Friday through Sunday) is the time to get outdoors in Kane County.
Yes, the trees are beginning to turn — still a lot of green, but plenty of bright yellow and red in spots. Here’s a list of no less than 76 awesome Kane County forest preserves perfect for fall-foliage viewing.
This is also a great time of year to go get some apple cider, or get that first pick from your favorite pumpkin patch. Here’s a Kane County Connects article from 2014 that makes some recommendations of places to find pumpkins, mazes and more in Kane County.
In addition to the Geneva High School Class of 1975 reunion, which I’ll be attending this weekend, here are just a few of the things going on.
- KC Animal Control Dog Jog
- ‘Being Mortal’ Seminar at Bethlehem Lutheran Church
- 5K Walk for Autism at Rich Harvest Farms in Sugar Grove
- Montgomery 5K, 10K River Run
- Prairie Harvest at Fermilab
- 11th Annual Hike for Hesed House