When Are Holidays Observed in 2016? Here’s a Quick Look Ahead
If you’re one of those super-organized people who’s always thinking ahead and marking your calendars, here’s a list of the upcoming holidays that will be observed in 2016 for court-related and non-court-related Kane County government.
It’s the usual suspects, but the list offers some good reminders — especially regarding the days of the week some of the holidays are observed.
I wasn’t sure what the “Spring Holiday” was until I looked it up. The holiday is on March 25 this year, falls on the same day as Good Friday and is observed in 13 states. For what it’s worth, Friday, March 25, also is Maryland Day in Maryland and Prince Jonah Kuhio Kalanianaole Day observed in Hawaii, according to timeanddate.com.
April, June and August don’t get a holiday, which seems kind of unfair, because they’re all perfectly wonderful months. Don’t they deserve a day off?
Looking ahead at 2016, August does get a prize of sorts: The summer Olympics will be held from Aug. 5-21 in Rio de Janeiro.
2016 HOLIDAY SCHEDULE KANE COUNTY GOVERNMENT
COURT RELATED AND NON-COURT RELATED HOLIDAY:
- New Year’s Day — Friday, Jan. 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day — Monday, Jan. 18
- Lincoln’s Birthday — Friday, Feb. 12
- Washington’s Birthday (OBSERVED) — Monday, Feb. 15
- Spring Holiday — Friday, March 25
- Memorial Day — Monday, May 30
- Independence Day — Monday, July 4
- Labor Day — Monday, Sept. 5
- Columbus Day (OBSERVED) — Monday, Oct. 10
- Veteran’s Day — Friday, Nov. 11
- Thanksgiving Day — Thursday, Nov. 24
- Day Following Thanksgiving Day — Friday, Nov. 25
- Christmas Day (OBSERVED) — Monday, Dec. 26