Kane County Weekend Picks: Home Show, Film Fest, Comic Con, a Frolic … Much More!
An HGTV-worthy event at Pheasant Run, a country music legend’s final concert, a Trick or Trot race, a Prairie Fest, Comic Con, Roots Fest — you name it, this weekend’s got it in Kane County.
Here are just a few of the options:
Old House New House Home Show
- When: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Sept.26-27, 2015
- Where: Pheasant Run Resort, 4051 E. Main St., St. Charles
- Website: Kennedy Productions
7th Annual Elgin Short Film Festival
The 7th Annual Elgin Short Film Festival promises to be an entertaining evening of some of the very best in short films by some of the very best up-and-coming filmmakers.You are invited to the award ceremony and screening of finalists taking place in Elgin, IL on Saturday, Sept. 26, 2015.
- When: Red Carpet 6:15 p.m., Film starts 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26, 2015
- Where: Hemmens Cultural Center, 45 Symphony Way, Elgin
- Website: City of Elgin
Primrose Farm Frolic
Fun for the whole family! Pumpkin painting, Folk music, Horse-Drawn Hayrides, Petting Zoo, Straw Maze for young children, display of antique farm equipment. Admission: Adults 12+ $8; Children 2-11 $4. Admission includes all activities. Food purchases not included in admission price.
- When: Sept. 27
- Where: Primrose Farm, 5N576 Crane Road, St. Charles
- Website: St, Charles Parks
4th Annual Trick or Trot Run
As the leaves begin to turn bright, take a trot through the downtown streets of historic Geneva, IL, on a crisp fall morning while helping chronically ill kids live better lives. The Fourth Annual Trick or Trot 5/10k will begin at the Courthouse and wind through the downtown, then onto the Fox River Trail, by the Fabyan Gardens and then returns to the streets of Geneva. Take your final steps up Third Street, and end back at the Courthouse lawn.
- When: Start time 7:30 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 26
- Where: Downtown Geneva Courthouse
- Website: www.zcdf.org
3rd Annual Aurora Roots Festival
Roots Aurora is back for a third year to highlight Aurora‘s brilliant diversity. It’s a block party style celebration of the many cultures that make Aurora a vibrant place to live and work. Come see the rest of the world, down the street. Cultural Dancers! Live Art! Food Trucks! Kids’ Activities! So Much More! CLICK HERE for additional details.
- When: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26
- Where: LaSalle Street between Downer and Benton, Aurora
- Website: RootsAurora.org