Resurfacing Is Bliss … And on Bliss Road, Starting This Week
Starting this week, milling and paving improvements will begin on Bliss Road.
Construction work hours will be from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. each day for approximately the next three weeks.
The work will be done on Bliss Road from Main Street to the I-88 bridge and will include:
- Removal of 3 inches to 4 inches of existing pavement to allow for the new surface course to be placed
- Placement of 4 inches of asphalt over an oil application to provide a new smooth riding surface
- Restriping and shouldering of the roadways once asphalt is completed
Temporary daily lane closures Monday through Saturday will be required to accomplish this work.
Please watch for fresh oil signs, flaggers, and reduced speed while traveling through the construction zone. Motorists should expect delays, increased travel times during the resurfacing process, and are advised to consider alternate routes during the work.
Questions and concerns may be directed to John Guddendorf (630) 816-9671.
For all Kane County traffic advisories, see this page on the Kane County Division of Transportation website.
- Heads Up for Road Work on Bliss, Main Street, Fabyan Parkway
- Hot Mixture Asphalt Resurfacing for 7 Kane County Roads
- Realignment in the Future for Bliss, Fabyan, Main Intersections
- Good News for LaFox Commuters: Kane County Getting Ready to Extend Bunker Road