The 2015-16 Green Guide Is Here! (How to Sign Up, and What You Get!)
Think you know a thing or two about recycling?
We’re guessing that you do. But we’re willing to be that there are a few things you might not know about local efforts, local resources and local events that promote recycling efforts and green initiatives in our towns.
That’s why you should sign up, or invite a friend to sign up, to receive the Kane County Recycle Green Guide. The 2015-16 edition is hot off the presses, and printed on 100 percent post-consumer recycled content paper.
What information can you find in the Green Guide? We’re glad you asked.
- A guide to and contact info for municipal waste and recycling haulers.
- A list of recycling events in 2015 and early 2016.
- Drop-off locations for electronics recycling.
- A list of the limited areas that offer free pick-up services for household hazardous waste.
- Medical and pharmaceutical drop-off locations.
- Lists of items that are accepted and NOT accepted for recycling.
- Household battery recycling info.
- Drop-off locations for used motor oil.
- Safe disposal of sharp needles.
- Building material re-use.
- How to stop junk mail for good!
And much, much more.
As always, you can find additional and the most up-to-date information on the Kane County Recycles web pages!