Tax BILL FAQ: Which Kane County School Districts Held Levy Flat, Which Didn’t
- Editor’s Note: This is the first of a series of articles sharing information from the Frequently Asked Questions about the 2014 (payable 2015) Kane County Property Tax Bills document published online through the coordinated efforts of Kane County Supervisor of Assessments Mark Armstrong, Kane County Clerk John A. Cunningham and Kane County Treasurer David Rickert.
Oswego School District 302 kept its tax levy flat year over year. In fact, it actually went down .6 percent.
The rest of the public school districts in Kane County extended levy increases ranging from 1.24 percent in Batavia School District 101 to 7.56 percent for East Aurora School District 131. Elgin School District U-46, among the largest districts in the state outside Chicago, extended a levy that was up 7.18 percent.
Those are the facts published in the Frequently Asked Questions about the 2014 (payable 2015) Kane County Property Tax Bills document recently published online through the coordinated efforts of Kane County Supervisor of Assessments Mark Armstrong, Kane County Clerk John A. Cunningham and Kane County Treasurer David Rickert.
Overall, schools account for 69.1 percent of the property tax payments in Kane County. That’s almost a percentage point higher than the 68.2 percent that went to schools for the 2013 property tax year paid in 2014.
Q: Did my school district hold its property tax levy flat as compared to last year?
A: The answer varies by district; please see the following data:
Where to Call
For information about how these tax levies were determined, please contact the school district that developed the levy ordinance (see phone number listed below):
- Barrington School District 220: (847) 381- 6300
- Batavia School District 101: (630) 406-8257
- Central School District 301: (847) 464-6005
- Dundee-Crown School District 300: (847) 551-8300
- East Aurora School District 131: (630) 299-5550
- Elgin School District U46: (847) 888-5000
- Geneva School District 304: (630) 463-3000
- Hinckley School District 429: (815) 286-7578
- Huntley School District 158: (847) 659-6158
- Kaneland School District 302: (630) 365-5100
- Oswego School District 308: (630) 636-3080
- St Charles School District 303: (630) 513-3030
- Sycamore School District 427: (815) 899-8100
- West Aurora School District 129: (630) 844-4400
- Yorkville School District 115: (630) 553-4382
For More Information
- For questions about exemptions or appeals, call the County Assessment Office at 630-208-3818 or visit KaneCountyAssessments.org.
- For questions about how tax rates are developed, call the Kane County Clerk at (630) 232-5964 or visit KaneCountyClerk.org.
- For questions about tax bills or payments, call the Kane County Treasurer at (630) 232-3565 or visit KaneCountyTreasurer.org.
- FAQ page on the Kane County Clerk’s Office website
- Your Tax Bills Are Coming!
- Relevant Tax Statistics
- Top 10 Kane County Taxpayers
- Estimate of Average Property Tax Bill by Township
- Where Your Property Tax Money Goes, Where It Comes From
Tax Bill FAQ Series
- Today: Did My School District Hold Its Levy Flat?