Resurfacing of Tanner Road, Deerpath Road, Oak Street Begins April 27
Starting the week of April 27, 2015, milling and paving on Tanner Road, Deerpath Road and Oak Street will begin. Construction work hours will be from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day for about the three weeks, weather permitting.
The following roads are scheduled for:
- Tanner Road from Norris Road to Deerpath Road
- Deerpath Road from Tanner Road to Oak Street
- Oak Street from Deerpath Road to Orchard Road
The resurfacing process will include:
- Removal of 1 ½ inches of existing pavement to allow for the new surface course to be placed.
- Placement of 2 ¼ inches of asphalt over an oil application to provide a new smooth riding surface.
- Restriping and shouldering of the roadways once asphalt is completed.
Temporary daily lane closures Monday through Saturday will be required to accomplish this work. Please watch for fresh oil signs, flaggers, and reduced speed while traveling through the construction zone. Motorists should expect delays, increased travel times during the resurfacing process, and are advised to consider alternate routes during the work.
Questions and concerns may be directed to John Guddendorf (630) 816-9671. For all Kane County Traffic Advisories, see KDOT Traffic Alerts.
SOURCE: Kane County Division of Transportation