Hot Mixture Asphalt Resurfacing for 7 Kane Roadways
Milling and asphalt resurfacing is scheduled for seven roadways in Kane County, starting the week of April 20, 2015, weather permitting. Along with resurfacing, shoulder gravel and replacement of catch basins and inlets on various roadways will be done. The work is anticipated to be completed in early fall of this year.
Anticipated order for resurfacing work:
- Harmony Road – Getty Road to Allen Road
- Randall Road – Red Haw Lane to 600 feet south of Dean Street
- LaFox Road – 650 feet north of Campton Hills Road to 450 feet south of Campton Hills Road
- Bliss Road – Main Street to bridge over I-88
- Tanner Road – Norris Road to Orchard Road
- Mooseheart Road – Randall Road to IL Route 31
- Orchard Road – Tanner Road to 600 feet south of the bridge over I-88
Anticipated order for placement of shoulder gravel:
- Huntley Road – Kreutzer Road to Boyer Road
- Big Timber Road – IL Route 20 to IL Route 47
- Big Timber Road – IL Rotue 47 to Manning Road
- Ramm Road – IL Route 47 to McGough Road
Anticipated order for catch basin / inlet replacement:
- Randall Road / Big Timber Road intersection
- Randall Road / Foothill Drice intersection
- Kirk Road / Lathem Street intersection
This work should take about three to five weeks to complete, weather permitting. Work will be done during the hours of 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, weather permitting.
As work progresses additional press releases will be provided to the public before further work begins warning them of upcoming work.
Motorists shall expect delays during the initial phase of the work, are encouraged to seek alternate routes during construction and be aware of temporary lane closures and flaggers around the work area.
Any questions or concerns may be directed to John Guddendorf, Senior Construction Manager, with the Kane County Division of Transportation at (630) 816-9671. For all Kane County traffic advisories, visit this KDOT web page.
SOURCE: Kane County Division of Transportation press release