Grace Period Voter Registration Is Under Way, Now Through April 4
While registration for the 2015 April Consolidated Election ended March 10, grace period registration is under way and available through April 4.
What is grace period registration?
Basically, it’s an extension of the period of time for a voter to register to vote, or to update his or her registration information, prior to an upcoming election. This “grace period” extends registration from the normal close of registration (March 10, 2015) up through April 4.
Once registered, a voter may cast a ballot at the election authority’s office or at a location specifically designated for this purpose by the election authority.
In Kane County, the voting station has been set up in the hallway next to the training room of the Kane County Clerk’s Office, 719 S. Batavia Ave., Bldg. B, Geneva, IL 60134. The hallway is blocked for the voters during the voting period.
For information call the Kane County Clerk’s Office at 630-232-5990; En español llama: 630-232-5991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to bring two acceptable forms of ID when you register to vote.
*The above link is to a list of locations in Kane County; however, you may register at any location in the State of Illinois that offers voter registration.
2015 Consolidated Election
- Last day to register to vote: Tuesday, March 10, 2015
- Grace period registration: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 – Saturday, April 4, 2015
- Registration will resume: Thursday, April 9, 2015
To be eligible to register to vote, a person must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be 18 years of age by the next election
- Reside in the precinct for 30 days prior to the next election.
In accord with [10 ILCS 5/4-10. 5-9, 6-37] … The registration officer shall require the applicant to furnish two (2) forms of identification, and except in the case of a homeless individual, one of which must include his or her current residential address. These forms of identification shall include but are not limited to any of the following:
- Driver’s License / State Identification Card
- Social Security Card
- Public Aide Identification Card
- Current Utility Bill
- Employee Identification Card
- Student Identification Card
- Lease or contract for residence
- Credit Card
- Civic Membership Card
- Union Membership Card
- Professional Association Membership Card