Holiday Rock, Dickens in Dundee, Christmas Walk — Tons of Weekend Events!
Have a very Very Merry Huntley and run like the Dickens to Dundee. Rock on the Fox in Algonquin, visit with Santa in Gilberts, walk through a winter wonderland in Elgin or walk the Christmas Walk in Geneva.
It’s a spectacular holiday weekend in Kane County, starting Friday, Dec. 5, and lasting through Sunday, Dec. 7. It’s hard to pick a favorite among all the events, but the good news is you really can’t go wrong with any of these holiday traditions or recent calendar additions.
- Dec. 6 — Holiday Rock on the Fox is a FREE event that will have plenty of family activities for everyone to enjoy. Activities will kick off with the annual tree lighting ceremony at Riverfront Park.
- Dec. 5-6 — Community Tree Lighting at Hill’s Country Store lot Friday. Bring handmade ornament representing your family or business. Hot chocolate, apple cider & treats provided by Hill’s Country Store. More on Saturday!
- Dec. 5-6 — 2014 marks the 27th year of the annual Dickens in Dundee event to kick off the Christmas season. “We invite all area residents to come out and join in the fun!”
- Dec. 6 — Activities include Winter Wonderland hosted by the Downtown Neighborhood Association and free skating at City-Skate from noon-6 p.m.
- Dec. 5-6 — The festivities begin 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 5, with the arrival of Santa Lucia, the first candy cane of the season, and Santa lighting the great tree – and continue with roasted chestnuts, strolling carolers, a live nativity and free carriage rides on Saturday and Sunday.
- Dec. 5 — At the Gilberts tree lighting ceremony. Santa arrives in town on a fire truck and visits each subdivision in the Village. This year the event will be held at 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 5, at Town Square Park.
- Dec. 5-6 — “The new Very Merry Huntley event is scheduled for Friday, Dec. 5, and will be held at the Municipal Complex, the Huntley Library, and the Town Square. The Municipal Complex will host the Kris Kringle Market (in Board Room) from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.”
- Dec. 6 — Additional events include music, kids’ crafts, North Pole Mailbox, holiday movie, storytelling and food and beverages! For more information, visit Pingree Grove’s new Facebook page!
- Dec. 7 — This is a free event for the entire community and is hosted jointly by the village of Montgomery and the Greater Montgomery Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Dec. 7 —Hampshire will again be providing free photos with Santa, a craft show, live entertainment, kids games and crafts, interactive train display and petting zoo.