How Kane County Voted in Statewide Races
By now, well-informed citizen that you are (you look marvelous, by the way), I’m sure you know who won election yesterday to Illinois’ statewide offices. (Although, as this is written at around 1 p.m. Wednesday, the Tribune says the treasurer’s race is too close to call.)
But what you might not have checked out just yet is how Kane County voted as a whole.
Obviously, the candidates who won Kane County aren’t always the candidates who won election. You know the phrase, “As Maine goes, so goes the nation“? That’s not us.
To calculate Kane County election result totals, of course, you have to add the numbers provided by the Kane County Clerk’s Office with those of the Aurora Election Commission. We’ve done that for you here.
The candidates who won state office are indicated in bold type, just below the office subhead. The candidates who won in Kane County are indicated in red type. We did not include write-in candidates in the list below; please see the web pages mentioned above for further information.
For Governor and Lieutenant Governor
Statewide winners: Bruce Rauner/Evelyn Sanguinetti
- Bruce Rauner/Evelyn Sanguinetti (Republican) — 66,816 Kane County + 9,292 Aurora = 76,108 TOTAL / 47%
- Pat Quinn/Paul Vallas (Democratic) — 35,532 Kane County + 10,878 Aurora = 46,410 TOTAL / 29%
- Chad Grimm/Alexander Cummings (Libertarian) — 2,583 Kane County + 634 Aurora = 3,217 TOTAL / 2%
For Attorney General
Statewide winner: Lisa Madigan
- Paul M. Schimpf (Republican) — 50,742 Kane County +6,981 Aurora = 57,723 TOTAL / 29%
- Lisa Madigan (Democratic) —50,742 Kane County +13,173 Aurora = 63,915 TOTAL / 39%
- Ben Koyl (Libertarian) — 2,842 Kane County +550 Aurora = 3,392 TOTAL / 2%
For Secretary of State
Statewide winner: Jesse White
- Michael Webster (Republican) — 42,040 Kane County + 5,742 Aurora = 47,782 TOTAL / 29%
- Jesse White (Democratic) — 59,410 Kane County +14,366 Aurora = 73,776 TOTAL / 45%
- Christopher Michel (Libertarian) — 2,913 Kane County + 633 Aurora = 3,546 TOTAL / 2%
Statewide winner: Judy Baar Topinka
- Judy Baar Topinka (Republican) — 60,399 Kane County + 8,970 Aurora = 69,369 TOTAL / 43%
- Sheila Simon (Democratic) — 36,871 Kane County + 10,514 Aurora = 47,385 TOTAL / 29%
- Julie Fox (Libertarian) — 6,372 Kane County + 1,109 Aurora = 7,481 TOTAL / 5%
Statewide winner: TBA
- Tom Cross (Republican) — 62,830 Kane County + 9,515 Aurora = 72,345 TOTAL / 44%
- Michael W. Frerichs (Democratic) — 35,177 Kane County + 10,096 Aurora = 45,273 TOTAL / 28%
- Matthew Skopek (Libertarian) — 4,418 Kane County + 837 Aurora = 5,255 TOTAL / 3%