5 Weekend Picks: Pumpkin Patch, Flea Market, Arts in a Tire Place?
There’s never a dull moment in Kane County, and this weekend is no exception.
From one of the strangest venues you’ll ever see an art show to the always-popular Kane County Flea Market to an array of pumpkin and Halloween-related activities, there is plenty to do. Be sure to check out these 8 Places to Find Pumpkins article, as well!
Here are five picks for the weekend:
The October show is lining up to be a great weekend. Be sure to pace yourself with the outside and shed dealers so you do not miss the dealers in air-conditioned Main and Expo.
If you have a great Flea Find, tag it in a picture #ifounditAtKane
- WHEN: Noon – 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, 7 p.m.- 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 5
- WHERE: Kane County Fairgrounds, 525 S. Randall Road, St. Charles
- MORE INFO: click here
Come out and enjoy the fall weather with your family and enjoy the Harvest Hustle’s 7K Conquer Hustle Hill Run or 2-mile walk that meanders down the picturesque Fox River Trail. Stay for the annual Pumpkin Patch & Fall Festival from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, 2014, in County Park. Have fun picking out pumpkins which are available for purchase ($1, $2, $3 and $5 depending on size). Other activities include a hay ride, petting zoo, pyramid of hay, “touch a truck”, community garage sale and trolley ride (with purchase of any pumpkin). The festival also includes pony rides available for $2 (profits donated to the FUNdation).
- WHEN: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, 2014
- WHERE: County Park, 11 West Plum St., South Elgin
- MORE INFO: click here
(3) The Holmstad’s 37th Annual Bazaar
Shop the Holmstad Bazaar! You’ll find handmade gifts from glass fusion to fine stitchery, home-made treats, and gently used household items and furniture. Precious treasures waiting to be found!
This year the bazaar will feature a professional basket weaver demonstrating the Nantucket style basket weaving.
- WHEN: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4
- WHERE: 700 W. Fabyan Parkway, Batavia
- MORE INFO: visit www.TheHolmstad.org
The St Charles Arts Council announced this week that the inaugural ART at WORKEvent, coming up on Saturday, Oct. 4. will be held at the Suburban Tire Auto Repair Center at 1900 Lincoln Highway (Route 38) in St. Charles, which will be converted into an “Arts Center” for the evening.
Visitors to this Open House will enjoy jazz, visual art, film, and food and drink, courtesy of Suburban Tire Auto Repair Centers.
- WHEN: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.Saturday, Oct. 4, 2014
- WHERE: Suburban Tire Auto Repair Center at 1900 Lincoln Highway (Route 38) in St. Charles
- MORE INFO: St. Charles Arts Council
- WHEN: Staggered opening times ranging from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.
- WHERE: Downtown Aurora
- MORE INFO: www.auroradowntown.org/first-fridays-in-downtown-aurora/
Also This Weekend:
Here are just a few great resources for finding out what’s going on during the weekends in Kane County:
- Fox Valley Magazine
- PlanIt Kane!
- Daily Herald Events Calendar
- The Beacon-News (Sun-Times) Events
- Chicago Tribune MetroMix
- American Towns / Kane County Events