5 Fun and Frightening Things to Do This Weekend in Kane County
With Halloween coming up in less than two weeks, it’s little surprise that many of the upcoming weekend events have a scary theme.
Here are five fun-and-frightening places to go and things to do in and around Kane County:
This is a nice one, because it’s at the Kane County Fairgrounds and proceeds benefit Steel Beam Theatre, a 501©(3) not-for-profit. “This haunted house, where ALL of the rooms are 3D, has new features and loads of fun.”
- Where: The Kane County Fairgrounds, 525 Randall Road, St. Charles.
- More info: 630-587-8521.Kcscaregrounds.com.
There’s a little bit of history in this haunted hall. “The Elgin Turner Hall building is more than a century old. The mysterious noises, haunting moans and footsteps coming from the third floor … are not of the living. Yet once a year we dare to open our doors to the public.”
- Where: 112 Villa St., Elgin
- More info: 847-697-4431, www.elginturners.org/haunted
(3) Haunted Quarry
The Haunted Quarry is fun and park-district friendly. “Face your fears and experience all the nightmares that await you! This event is not suitable for kids 10 and under.”
- Where: Harold Hall Quarry Beach, 400 S. Water St., Batavia
- More info: 630-406-5282, www.bataviaparks.org
OK, Naper Settlement isn’t strictly Kane County, but it’s close by and family friendly. “Our historic buildings are turned into Frankenstein’s Laboratory, a Victorian Insane Asylum, a Torture Dungeon, Journey through the Underworld and so much more. Beware! Be Scared!”
- Where: Naper Settlement, 523 S. Webster St., Naperville
- More info: 630-420-6010, Napersettlement.org
Remember the old Santa’s Village? Well, things have changed. “Nightmare from North Street presents Escape the Nightmare — 16 acres of terror and horror in one location with two haunted attractions!”
- Where: Santa’s Village Azoosment Park, 601 Dundee Ave., East Dundee
- More info: 847-426-6751, Nightmarefromnorthst.com
Looking For More?
Check out these websites: