Kane County Recycles Needs Volunteers for Sept. 13 Big Event
Kane County Recycles is seeking volunteers for the Recycling Event on Saturday, Sept. 13.
This is a community recycling event attended by up to 1,000 residents.
“We will be recycling electronics, books, and latex paint and offering confidential document shredding,” Kane County Recycling Coordinator Jennifer Jarland said. “We need help unloading the cars as they arrive at the document shredding area. That’s where you come in! We provide coffee, donuts, snacks, and water!”
The event runs from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday Sept. 13. Volunteers are asked to arrive at 7:30 a.m. Volunteers under 17 are welcome but must have an adult accompanying them. The volunteer job description can be viewed here.
Contact Jarland at 630-208-3841 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up, or if you have a group who would like to volunteer. The RSVP deadline is Sept. 5.
FREE 2014 Kane County SHREDDING EVENT
Free residential document shredding will be offered QUARTERLY in conjunction with the ongoing monthly Electronics and Books Recycling Events.
- Where: 540 S. Randall Road, St. Charles, IL 60174
- Dates: Saturday, Sept 13
- Hours: 8 a.m. to noon
About This Event
- This service provides on-site shredding trucks, where you can watch your documents being shredded if you wish. This is for residential material only, not for businesses (see list below for business service), thank you.
- No quantity limit as long as it is residential.
- Staples, paperclips, spiral bindings, file folders without metal, and cellophane envelope windows are fine to leave in.
- Please REMOVE all binder clips, three-ring plastic binders and any larger metal pieces.
- Please do not bring periodicals, magazines, and other paper that does not contain confidential information. Those materials can go in your household recycling bin.